Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Make Your Cake & Frosting Too

Let me start off by saying that I am not a frosting person. I don't like super heavy, sugary frosting. Some people do; but not me. So D.'s birthday was in April and I decided to try a recipe from pinterest. I picked this one because I liked the picture. Let me tell you that this frosting is now my favorite and we have used it for P.'s birthday cake in May and for my sisters Baby shower cupcakes last weekend. 





The frosting is super easy to make and it is so light and fluffy. Not too sugary and with a really great flavor. 


Whipped Vanilla Frosting
Ingredients:
  • 3 1/2 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
  • 3 1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp salt
Instructions:
  1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
  2. Add the confectioners’ sugar to the bowl and mix on medium-low speed just until incorporated.  Add in the salt.  Continue to beat on medium-high speed until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.  Mix in the vanilla extract and heavy cream on low speed just until incorporated.  Increase the mixer speed and whip on high speed until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed, about 4 minutes.
Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I will totally have to try this, I can never make homemade frosting that I am happy with....now I just need an excuse to make a cake;)

    ReplyDelete