Friday, May 18, 2012

Dress Up Closet

This last week my mother-in-law (my project partner) & I made this cute dress-up closet. The plans are from ana-white.com. We modified the plans a bit cause hangers for young kids doesn't make much sense. It took us about 6-7 hours but that included two trips to the store and working while caring for my three kiddos; I was pleased. 

The next day Damsel, Paden & I painted it white. I really struggle with including my kids in projects because I like to get it done fast and, while I am not a perfectionist at all, I, at least, like it to look like an adult made it. You know what I mean. Moving on. 

But I let them help me and it was fun for them and not so bad for me. I decided on white because I wanted a neutral color since both my kids would be using it and with all the different colored dress up stuff I didn't want it to look too busy. Damsel wanted it to be rainbow colored. I won.

The following day I was planning on printing off some letters and tracing them onto the bottom since I am not confident enough to free hand it. But it was my lucky day! My beautiful cousin Madi was visiting and she had a few more hours before she had to catch the train back to Seattle. She offered to help me paint  the words! She is so creative and talented- she freehanded the letters and it turned out way better then I could have ever done. She did such a great job even with the truly cruddy, random paint brushes and old dried-up paint I had lying around. 

I love the girly cursive


& the comic bookyness of this side!   


Damsel also surprised me by helping paint one of the sides. It has taken everything I have to not repaint it white. But Damsel is proud of her work so I guess I will leave it. - sign -


The closet is perfect for the kids' dress up clothes. It's way better then having them all shoved & crumpled up in a trunk. 

Thanks again to my awesome mom-in-law and my super-cool cousin Madi!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Can I put in an order;) I would even take it with Damsel's painting. I love the new blog header too - really cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie!! It's super easy to do!

    ReplyDelete