Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 11: Favorite Shows

Besides Wheel of Fortune (Wheel, as we wheel-watchers call it) and Jeopardy, the only show that I was ever hooked on was Lost.


I wasn't hooked, I was obsessed. I am still obsessed. Sad, I know.

My mom told me about this cool new show that she thought I would like. She had watched the first episode when it aired. When they re-aired the pilot before the second episode I was tuned in with her on my Granny's couch in the front room. That was in 2004. I watched every week after that. 

When Jordan & I got married, he hadn't seen it yet. That didn't last for long. We had to catch him up on seasons 1-3, so we watched old episodes constantly. We watched on New Years Eve 2006 in a motel room in Pendleton, Oregon when we were driving to Rexburg to start school. We finished catching Jordan up in our first apartment. We didn't have a couch. We made a bed on the living room floor and although, we would say "only 1 episode tonight" it was usually more like 4.

Those where the days. Sigh. 

Jordan's niece, Becky, came to visit us in Rexburg in spring of 2007. She was deciding if she wanted to attend BYU-I. We didn't have cable. Becky had never seen Lost. We bonded watching seasons 1-3 in our itty-bitty apartment.

Becky graduated from BYU-I this last April. Way to go Becky!!!

Later, in 2008 when we were living with my in-laws they hadn't seen Lost so I re-watched seasons 1-4 with them while I was anxiously waiting for season 5.

This was a dark time in TV history known as "the writers strike." We had to wait forever for the new season!

In 2009 I was in a medical study for 10 days or 2 weeks and I re-watched a bunch of seasons with this kid who was also obsessed. We hashed out different theories and talked about which characters we hated.

I love Eko. I hate Anna Lucia. 

When my sister, Laura, finally decided that she should watch and see what all the fuss was about, it was 2009. I spent another New Years Eve watching episodes with her in our apartment in Tacoma as she got caught up with seasons 1-5.

We stopped at midnight to bang pots and pans and then resumed watching. 

The point here is that Lost is so amazing that I would gladly watch the same seasons ^that many times! 

But it really is the best TV show ever made. 

We considered naming our children after the different characters. We really did. But not seriously. 
But Laura is going to- right Laura?

If you haven't seen it, you can borrow any of the seasons from me. 
You won't be disappointed. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh lost! how I love you! I would watch all the seasons over again, but im not as strong as you....im glad I wasn't hooked when they were on tv, I would have died waiting each week! Yes! justin and I are naming our son after Jack Shepard, he is amazing! but there are a few other reasons too :) lol but thats only if we have a boy!

    I love reading your posts! and thank you for introducing me to Lost! love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete