Thursday, August 9, 2012

Outdoor Movie Night

So, we had an outdoor movie party.
I couldn't find any movie themed invitations for free online.
That was frustrating. So I tried my hand at making them. I was pretty happy with how they turned out.

So, here you go, a gift from me to you- free printable invitations.  
For when you decide to have an outdoor movie party.
I made two different options.
I ended up using this invitation 
 This one is pretty big to print, you can only get one invitation per page. 


I made this fun sign, found here.


 It was a labor of love, and it took forever. But it was fun to have it and I hope to able to get more use out of it. 
My in-laws have a really hard to find, long driveway so the sign helped guide people in.



The tutorial doesn't give a whole lot of information as far as supplies go. I used the following:
2 1/2 cans Krylon spray paint in Banner Red
4 foam boards (20x30 I think, they are the only size available at both Walmart and Fred Meyer)
6 poster boards (roughly the same size as the foam boards).

For snacks we provided a concession stand 
(yes, it was free. My nephew was shocked!) 
 My dad owns a fun popcorn machine. I found the bags at the Dollar Tree.
And Walmart was the cheapest place to buy theatre candy, which made it more authentic.  


Everyone there had a great time.

We will do it again for sure. 

6 comments:

  1. Everything looks great. What fun! I especially love the sign. I think we will definitely do this (some day when things are "normal" again, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks like so much fun! I want to do it too! You are so creative!
    What movie did you watch? I think the sign looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi :) im planning on doing an outdoor movie night for my son and the movie invatation invite is perfect! only problem is it wont show up on my computer :( is there anyway you can email it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I love, love your outdoor movie party invitation design (the one you used). I am planning the same theme for my very soon to be 14 year old.
    I am not able to open the link you provided for the invitation printable.
    Could you please e-mail that to me?
    cnesselrodt@sunnyside.cc

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete